Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

wait, what?

The week just started, and already I don't know where I am going to have time for all the things we are supposed to be doing.

Tonight Bunny is off playing zombie at the co-op haunted house. That man gets far too much joy from scaring small children. So I get to stay in and get stuff done (laundry, reading, cooking, dishes, watch some crap on tv while I cross stitch), but it's more a night for "me" time and me things. I could go to the library, but I bought a couple books over the weekend, and the co-op share pile had a few new books that I swiped for a couple weeks. I love when I find reading material there. (Side note, The Scarlet Letter showed up there ... and in now firmly on my "I must read this next" spot. I've been wanting to read it for awhile, so we'll see how that goes.)

Tomorrow would usually be grocery night, but one of Bunny's best friends is turning 40, so we will be having dinner with J & L. Which likely means I'm in for one of the best dinners of my month, because any time we have been there for a dinner party they have had amazing things (L made me fall in love with beets - and boy do I love beets), and L is also a sommelier, so I know that there will be amazing wine. Plus, they are just Good People. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other people there.

The only downside the this is that I always end up feeling so darn young when we hang out with them. It's par for the course when you're in love with a man 11 years older than you that you will meet a lot of friends who are older. The thing is though, which some of his friends I feel this contrast more starkly then others. J & L just always seem so ... worldly in some ways. L is the most amazingly sophisticaled oeneophile chic goth chick, and J is just this amazing, fun loving, follows his passions laid back guy. They just make me feel young. In a neutral way - not as if being young is bad, and not that sweet! I don't look old kind of way. Just, out of place a little.

Wednesday is a bit of a wash. We are going to do our grocery shopping then, right after work. After that, Bunny is basically locking himself into study-mode to make up for the fact that today and tomorrow will be utterly unproductive. He's got a handle on all his assignments, he has no homework from today and tomorrow's he can get done in the breaks between class. He's this crazy insane diligent student though, and likes to type up his notes on the daily. This man takes handwritten notes in class, types them up nightly, reviews them weekly, and re-reads them all right before tests.

Is it any wonder he's known as Mr Perfect to his classmates?

But considering Monday and Tuesday as social nights, and Wednesday as a catch-up evening for Bunny (which also means that I will be doing all the cooking/cleaning that happens that night. Barley stew it is!), we have 3/5s of our week booked.

We haven't even found time this week to go see the venue. Joey can have us by any day, but we will probably be awhile. And if Bunny has had two nights of no study time this week, we can't exactly take away a third. Consensus is that the venue will not happen until next week.

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but I don't like to have my week super booked. I like the time for spontaneous plans (even if I don't often make them). I like feeling like I have time to relax.

I like to think that when Bunny's done learning how to tear apart a combustion chamber that we might have time to play a game of chess. Doesn't seem to happen, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment