Pages

Sunday, December 04, 2011

lazy day dinners

Have you caught on that I've been pretty darn lazy around the kitchen this week? Maybe the last two weeks, really.

Last night we went out to Mi Mi's - best Vietnamese place I know, and an old YP staple of Bunny's. It was extra awesome, as our moms had come up to go dress shopping with me (and oh what a story that is - for later) so Bunny and I got to share one of our favourite every day restaurants with them, which was nice. Plus, it's always awesome to remind ourselves of what great friends our moms are. It's a hoot.

Today, we are being lazy as well. I woke up, started thinking about how I hadn't slept well at all last night, and that we need a real bedroom makeover. Or, we could just you know, by some window coverings. I'm sensitive to light, so not having anything over our bedroom window doesn't really do me any favours. As the day progressed, I started to think that really, our home is a mess and we need to fix that and I just don't have the energy to do that and cook tonight.

Which promptly reminded me that I had a couple of quiches kicking around the freezer, just waiting to be dethawed and eaten. Perfect forethought.

Here's the thing: quiche is dead easy. Pie shell, cheese, egg, milk/cream and an appropriate filling matched to the cheese. Toss it in the oven for about 45 minutes, and then experience deliciousness. What's even better, is that making multiple quiches really is not significantly more work than making one quiche. So, when I do make quiche I try to do three or four at a time and we freeze the excess.

Which lets me spend my day writing and drinking lattes and cleaning, rather than cooking when I'm not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment