Pages

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

on the go!

I'm a little scattered at home lately. I've got a lot of little projects going on, and some not so little projects. Plus, well, just everday stuff.

I pretty much own the kitchen here. I mean, Bunny loves cooking and he spends a couple of nights a week in there, generally (heck, right now he's making dog food there. Yeah, you heard me right.) I'm the self-appointed & generally elected chef though, it's me spending my evenings all cozy with the stove. So I spend a chunk of time there cooking dinner, and as often as not I also spend a few hours in there baking afterwards.

In fact, there is a ginger snap recipe I've been drooling over for the past few weeks that I want to make tonight (though it will probably not happen until tomorrow, given the time).

I also just today finished a needlepoint project, that later needs to get turned into a dog pillow (more project) ... and promptly started edging the aida cloth for my next one. The new one is a much more complex cross stitch, more detailed and fancy.

On top of all this, I have been slowly slowly slowly starting to think about the book that's been rumbling around my head for the past six months or so. So I've grabbed a notebook and am slowly starting to write out scenes and stories from it.

There just aren't enough hours in the day, you know? I also don't particularly make it easy on myself, as they are all things that can give me quite a bit of eye strain. Well, I guess when I'm baking it's not so bad, but I do find that both writing and needlepoint get hard on my eyes.

Oh! And then there's the scarves that I keep picking up and putting down. They're perfect for when I'm not really in a mood to do anything, but want something to keep my hands busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment