Nothing fancy, really. Frozen pork and vegetables potstickers we'd bought on sale. Rice. The big gun was actually the beans today, because I wanted to spice things up a bit. I've done nicely sauted green beans before, often with a nice kick, and I hugely enjoy them. So I figured I'd share with Bunny and you.
- 1/2 pound of green beans (or two good handfuls), ends trimmed off
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 inch chunk of ginger, grated
- 1 orange, zested and juiced (separately)
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanche beans approximately 1 minute, quickly run under cold water or in an ice bath.
- Heat sesame oil in saute pan. Add garlic, quickly saute about 1 minute.
- Add beans, stir to coat with oil. At this point, add orange zest and chili oil . Saute another minute to two minutes.
- Add orange juice, saute another 2 minutes.