Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

from around the web

Now that I have my days free, I usually spend an hour to two in the morning reading the news (and then I read all the lovely blogs I follow if I'm in the mood for fun). Today of course is no exception. It's "Family Day" so Bunny's home with me, watching Resident Evil, and I'm reading away.

Ya'll know I'm currently on the job hunt, right? Well, given that, I tend to read at least a couple of career/employment type articles in any given day. This morning's been a little different: I read about two dozen (minimum) career articles. These two, though, stood out heavily.

First: Generation Y's Bad Rap regarding the way my generation is regarded in the workforce - and debunking, or at least questioning, a few of the misconceptions.

Secondly, I worked for this man. Not all of the habits align, but there are a few habits he had that are missing from this list - 11 Habits of the Worst Boss I Ever Had.

The rest of the day is shaping up to be fairly quiet. Bunny and I are talking about making cookies, or cupcakes and dinner. We're going to cuddle. I'm going to cross stitch. As a former roommate would say about me, I'm an 80 year old woman (my body just needs to catch up).

No comments:

Post a Comment