Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

thinking

There have been a few posts in the past couple of weeks over the blogosphere that had me thinking. First, there was part 1 and part 2 over at Happy Sighs. Then there was this over at Better in Real Life. Then, there is this incredibly moving post on A Practical Wedding.

That last one? A post that I rather want to comment on, that I have strong thoughts and opinions on. I started a comment, in fact. But ... but ... what was there to say but "thank you for sharing and I relate in ways that are completely unrelated and also incredibly related to your topic". Because, uh, you know ... I have a sex life. I have experiences, both current and prior to Bunny.

When I was single and in casual relationships I never would have thought twice about broadcasting almost any detail of my sex life. Nothing was ever off limits. I just did not care who knew. But now? Well, my relationship with Bunny is very precious to me, and I think that in a lot of ways the sexual part of that relationship is very sacred and intimate and sharing that is something that for me shouldn't be taken lightly.

This is not to say I haven't shared things in the past, when it has seemed necessary and with people that I trusted. Sometimes I'll still have girly, joking conversations about "how do you make shower sex work, it's just so awkward" (or whatever it might be). But what happens between the sheets that's specific to Bunny and I? Like the details of the good/bad/ugly? Well, that's private. Obviously that's a pretty big statement, and I will admit to having exceptions - and freely giving him exceptions. But on the internet? Well now no. That just does not need to happen, at least not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment