Not cooking, naturally, has me just jumping at the bit to cook. I miss the control over my meals. There are certain things that I'd just adore eating. Some of them will probably come up soon, I'm sure.
Just to get them out of my head, here's a small sampling of the meals I desire:
- A cheese and meat platter. With brie and blue cheese and honey and crackers and walnuts. Maybe some proscuitto. Definitely some proscuitto. Perhaps some smoked salmon? Sliced apple or pear, for some juicy crunch, and pretzels to go with the proscuitto. This is a favourite of ours.
- I miss my spinach dip dinners! (Not so healthy, but awesome.)
- Fried rice. It's a simple, normal meal for me, but I want to make my fried rice and some dumplings.
- Roasted broccoli, with some olive oil and parmesan. That's a meal in and of itself. Maybe a nice roast beef on the side, though, to make Bunny happy.
- Maple-whisky salmon. With wild rice. And green beans with slivered almonds. Wouldn't that be lovely?