Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

foods are good

I'm still getting into the groove of cooking around here. It's strange when I'm not the one controlling the grocery shopping, when basil on a shopping list does not result in quite what I was hoping for in the fridge. (How am I supposed to make pesto with a tiny little amount? I meant a big fresh bunch ... but oh well.)

There are things on the menu that excite me, though. A pesto, as I mentioned above, to change up my pasta meals. Because if you're anything like me, you're probably sick of alfredo by now. There might also be some tacos, because ground beef was on sale this week. And baked sweet potatoes, served with ribs. Mushroom risotto is on the menu, but that's nothing really new, either. Maybe perogis, maybe or else dumplings and fried rice.

I also have a new cookie recipe to share, and it was pretty amazing. Hopefully I'll do more baking this week, but we'll see. It's pretty hot out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment