Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

News!! Excitement!!

You may remember the little vacation from life in its usual forms Bunny and I took a few weeks ago. The one where Bunny and I took off to take care of a somewhat secret special task ... and now, it's officially announcement time.

We eloped! We are married.

It's a decision that I was always ok with, but it took 8 months for Bunny to decide that eloping was what he wanted as well (and 8 months of me trying to plan multiple weddings for us and going crazy doing so). It was really important to me that Bunny love our wedding as much as I did, and it didn't seem fair to push him into eloping if he didn't want it. In the end, he had enough with trying to make other people happy and trying to sort out the money issues and we said eff it, we're doing this just for us.

The day itself was magical. I couldn't have asked for something more wonderful. Here's the thing, though: I'm not all that inclined to talk about it. Or watch the video his mom took. Three weeks later, I still haven't seen the handful of pictures that we have.

Partly that's due to the revisionist nature of my memory. I have this perfect impression of my wedding right now, and I don't want to somehow distort or change it by looking at it too closely. I'm slightly scared that I'll somehow overwrite the perfectness of it all by sharing it to much or letting myself see it through someone else's eyes. It's also partly due to the fact that even though it was small and very by the book, with just a standard city hall ceremony, that it's so intensely personal I don't want to share it with anyone. You may get a dinner review, though. ;)

What I will say is that I couldn't be happier. I'm overjoyed to be married to my Bunny. We really needed this, just to be married already, after the year we've had together. We've been each other's rocks and it was so important to have that formally recognized and have legal rights over each other in an emergency.

Being married to the love of my life? It feels so, so good.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations ! I wish you all the joy in the world, and may you continue to be each other's rocks-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it! ;) Congratulations to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I'm not so surprised that you figured it out. :P But thank you. :) We're really happy.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete