Pages

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

sleeping in

Some days this whole "working for a living" thing kind of sucks. Not that I don't like my job (because I do), and not that I'm short on money (while I could always use more I'm making out just fine), but it's just so tiring and takes up so much of my time.

I've had the best of intentions all last week. To make dinner, do laundry, cut up a watermelon, tidy up the basement. None of it's been done. I'm too tired by the time I get home to really deal with anything that involves more energy than just sitting here and doing something quiet. On the plus side that's meant I've had plenty of time to do crafting and reading and just chill out with Bunny, but it's also meant that I haven't felt very productive.

Even on days that I don't work I'm tired. Case in point, I went shopping on Saturday with my mom for a few hours, and I literally had a three hour nap afterwards. I probably could have slept straight through to the next morning. The past few mornings I've given up the desire for pretty eyeshadow in favour of another five minutes of sleep.

In deference to my increased need for sleep, I may start taking an extra day or two off from blogging a week. Hopefully posts will keep coming on a more normal 5 days a week schedule, but I'm just not going to beat myself up if it doesn't happen. There are too many important things going on in my life that I just don't want to miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment