Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

The quilt is toddling along towards completion. Some weeks it seems like I make a crazy lot of progress, sometimes it seems like things are dragging so slowly. At this point, all the squares are completed and all the edging is sewn on the individual squares. Now it's just stringing them together in rows of four and sewing the rows together into an actual quilt top.

This is a pretty easy, relaxing bit. It's straight backstitching and I can practically do it in my sleep. Except when my fingers start to freeze and cramp which has been happening lately. Maybe that's a sign that it's time to close the basement window? This stage is also rather exciting, as I'm starting to see how my squares are going to look on the finished quilt and get a better idea of how everything pieces together.

I'm also a little anxious. I want to get started on actually quilting the whole thing together and I'm just not there yet. I want to get started on the baby quilt, to the point that I've been playing around with design ideas when I'm doodling on the phone. In fact I think at this point I know exactly what I'll be doing there at this point and I just want to start. I'm ready to play with new fabrics.

I'm also moving closer and closer to actually having my own hand made blanket. Which has always been a huge deal for me, and I'm a little at a loss as to what I want to accomplish next. I know I want to keep quilting, and I have dozens of ideas I'd like to work on and I'm excited to work on more fabrics and patterns.  I feel a little like it won't be enough to just keep quilting. I might have to set myself up with a new challenge here.

No comments:

Post a Comment