Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

please don't steal my naps (a rant)

Listen, I understand that you're nosy. Heck, I can be nosy too. I understand it to an extent. It annoys me, but whatever I can get over it. I just stop answering when the questions get overly annoying, superfluous and invasive because that's the only thing that seems to work.

But seriously, seriously this was a new low. I mean I really just don't know what to make of this. The answer to your question should have been self evident. I just don't understand what was at work in your brain here.

Waking someone up from a nap to ask "What are you doing?" Really? Really? I'm napping, that's what I'm doing. Or I was, until you woke me up and I was no longer able to nap.

Had you had follow up questions, or something you needed to talk to me about it might have made sense. If you had been expressing a concern or trying to tell me I'd been asleep too long I would have been annoyed but I would have understood. But there was nothing after this. Just waking me up to ask what I was doing.

The answer was self evident. I was taking a nap. You know, that thing where it's not bedtime but you're sleeping anyway because you're tired and you can? I wanted to nap for longer, too, but once you woke me up I couldn't get back to sleep. What good is half a nap? I'm never going to get that other half back now. Nap stealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment