Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

closet fight

It has become apparent that it is time to do my seasonal closet changeover. Because Bunny and I don't have very much space in the wardrobe, I have most of my warm weather clothes packed up in a suitcase and just my winter sweaters and blazers and a few dresses hanging up. This isn't working for me, as clearly evidenced by the half hour it took me to get dressed this morning.

I'm not down with a half an hour to get dressed. I was trying to wear this super cute navy pencil skirt, and I could find a top to go with it (though it was a stretch in the fit department), I could find blazers and cardigans to go with it but for the life of me I couldn't come up with an actual outfit. I know I have other options packed up somewhere, but clothes only do me good if I can actually, well, wear them.

So this weekend I'll be packing up sweaters, taking a look to see what won't make it through another season, and pulling out more summery clothes. Hopefully once I have my summer wardrobe out I'll feel a bit better and it will be a matter of just continuing to search for those few key pieces that make things just perfect (I'm always on the hunt for a blazer, of course) and less "I have nothing to wear". I have plenty of clothes. I have lots to wear - I just need a decent layout of my options.

When do you know it's time to re-organize your closet? Are there any organizational schemes that work particularly well for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment