Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

what a weekend

This past weekend was one that was a bit too rough, and too busy for my liking. I like my weekends quiet and relaxing, full of plenty of time to sew and bake and run around and get errands done with Bunny. There was none of that this weekend, and while a lot of the stuff was good there was really just too much going on.

It also doesn't help that Bunny and I both threw hissy fits on two separate days, because that's just exhausting for both of us. I had a bit of a crying jag Friday night about how we were talking about handling more school for Bunny. The school bit is totally necessary and while I'm not thrilled with it, I knew it was coming. Very suddenly I realized that I wasn't ok with our original plan for how we were planning on handling the whole process and the next thing you know, boom crying and freaking out. Sunday while we were on the road out of town one of Bunny's electric cigarettes started acting up and he followed up with a temper tantrum of his own. The combination of the two tells you a lot about how long and stressful our weekend was, actually.

Other than that? We had a family picnic and a wedding shower to attend. The picnic was nice enough - I like Bunny's family. I started feeling sick part way through, though, and ended up lying down in the truck the last couple hours. And as much as I like Bunny's family its always a little weird and overwhelming for me, probably because my mom's side of the family is tiny (like, three people tiny) and I haven't had a relationship with the other side of my family in years and years. It was good, though, and apparently there is a wedding coming up in the future.

The shower ended up being a lot more fun than anticipated. It was still a bridal shower with all the awkwardness that entails but it was (thankfully) smaller than I'm used to, which made it significantly less overwhelming. Plus, I already knew the whole friends-of-the-bride contingent, and we all get along well so I had a good time. Then Bunny surprised me by picking me up at the end, which was a lovely treat.

Friday night we also had a decent night out, trying an Indian place in town. It's hard too find too much in the way of ethnic cuisine here - my city, while having over 100,000, has the demographic makeup of a tiny rural town. The food was really good, and quality wise would have stood against pretty much any Indian place in Toronto. Way overpriced, though, which is a product of just how hard it is to find any of this variety here - there's no competition. It wasn't an expensive meal out, exactly, but most of the dishes were double what they cost at almost any other decent Indian place I've been to. But oh the aloo mattar was good, and that's my favourite. So I was happy, really.

And just like that, the weekend's over and it's the start of a whole brand new week at work. How does that happen?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I felt exhausted just reading about it. Hopefully this week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a crazy weekend. Luckily today has been a calm start to the week, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come!

      Delete