If you hang around here you'll find that I use this space to talk about life in general and the things that I love in life. Which, in a nutshell, means you'll hear a lot about cooking, the books I read, my crafting projects, and the particular ups and downs of my newly married life. Sometimes I'll also talk about clothes and makeup (and sometimes I don't care about them at all) and sometimes I go off on ranty tangents. Mostly it's just life as I know it. This year that's meant a lot of talk about loss and a lot of frustration over where I live. Next year? Well, that's up to life.
Just like the rest of me, this blog is a constant work in progress. One day (soon?) I'll figure out how to join the rest of the digital age and start adding some visual (ie, pictoral) content to my posts. As for the name? Well, I needed one and this one seemed to fit as much as any. Life's pretty unexpected, and I'm here talking about life.
Aaaaand just for fun, ten random facts about me:
- Philosophy was my compromise between physics and religion. Because I'm not good at math, I don't have a clear religious direction and to me they all get at the same thing: what exists and why are we here.
- I don't like watching movies. It's not fun staring at a screen for 2 hours or more at a stretch. And theatres are so uncomfortable.
- Favourites don't exist for me. I can't make up my mind, or I can't keep my mind made up. If I claim I have a favourite thing try asking me again three weeks later and see if my answer is still the same.
- I used to play the viola, and I think there's a special magic in making music. I also dabbled in the saxophone, double bass, piano and bassoon.
- The first time Bunny and I talked about getting married I told him I wanted to elope. No surprise that even though we tried to plan two weddings we ended up doing just that.
- I'm a huge sci fi/fantasy fan. Books, tv shows, you name is. I also think it's incredibly unfair that we only get max 15 episodes of Doctor Who a year.
- I always thought I was a cat person, but it turns out I prefer dogs.
- I tend to run out of things to list around number 7.
- This always surprises me.
- I don't like cheesecake. But I'll totally eat it if I make it myself. And I'll make it with chocolate.